Saturday, May 15, 2010

FROST AND MIKO 47 AND COPYRIGHT FORM

Thank you for clicking into the Ganerda's Business blog!

Please start your weekend the right way--with Frost & Miko!

Also, as an avid reader and dedicated librarian, I must recommend "Looking for Calvin and Hobbes: The Unconventional Story of Bill Watterson and his Revolutionary Comic Strip" by Nevin Martell. I must confess, I thought the biography was just going to be a puff piece--"Isn't Calvin and Hobbes great? Isn't Bill Watterson great? He was born here, and his favorite color is yellow--Isn't that great?" and so on. After reading the adoring prologue and the gushing epilogue, I agreed that Watterson and his comic strip were great, and I did not need to read 250 pages to know that. Walking to the library, before parting with the book, I perused it for interesting tidbits and was dumbstruck upon reading about his conflict with licensing and merchandising!

I do not want to spoil it. I will only say that Watterson's true life story reads like "The Fountainhead" for our branded and logo covered new millennium.

Fans who wonder where Watterson and his comic strip went, please look for "Looking for Calvin and Hobbes." And Enjoy your Frost & Miko!

Have a lovely weekend,

Ganerda Grul
Librarian and Publisher
www.ganerda.com



...To be continued next week!

No comments: